ABOUT FORTY CARROTS
Founded in 1993, Forty Carrots Family Center is guided by a vision that all parents will provide their children with experiences and environments that are emotionally and physically safe so that they can grow into capable and caring young people. The early years of life are crucially important to the overall development of our children and therefore offer unprecedented opportunities to provide experiences that have lifelong positive impact. Forty Carrots serves Sarasota and Manatee counties and has three core components:
Parenting Education Program aims to empower families with the tools they need to ensure positive outcomes, both short-term and long-term, for children. We believe strongly that all families should have access to parenting education, and strive to make appropriate services available for families from all walks of life. Our Free Community Outreach Program travels throughout Sarasota and Manatee counties utilizing community partnerships to efficiently and conveniently deliver critical information and support.
Mental Health Services: Services are offered for children, adolescents and families to nurture positive change and reinforce healthy familial relationships. We believe that intervention is critical, ensuring that every child can experience positive early relationships to become more resilient to stress and develop other aspects of emotional regulation. From our Infant Mental Health services offered at CYESIS Teen Parent Program at Riverview High School to our Child & Family Therapy, we provide different models and therapeutic approaches to help individuals facing myriad challenges.
Nationally Accredited (NAEYC) Preschool prepares children for success in school and in life by nurturing the whole child through a developmentally appropriate, play-based approach using the Creative Curriculum. Graduates leave with the social skills, academic knowledge and love for learning that set the stage for future success.
2015 - 2016 Program Year Accomplishments
Community Outreach Partners Locations
Scroll down in the left hand column to view more locations.
- The family is the foundation of our society
- The first five years of like are crucial to long term development
- Every child has the right to a childhood that is emotionally and physically safe and filled with nurturing relationships and positive learning experiences
- Relationships are the context within which the most meaningful learning occurs; Most parents want to do a good job raising their childrenBuilding on strengths is the best way to facilitate growth and change
Forty Carrots Family Center strives to:
- Ensure positive outcomes, both short-term and long-term, for children; Build a community of capable, caring and respectful young people
- Provide parents/guardians with information, skills and support to better equip them in the job of raising their children
- Promote positive and productive relationships between parents/guardians and their children
- Promote learning and development in each of the following areas: social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive
- Prevent child abuse and neglect
Forty Carrots embraces diversity and does not discriminate on any basis.